Saturday 17 September 2011

the challenge

Last nights youth was great, I mean great!  its going to be a good year yes it is.  we have a challenge right now that we had to sign a contract and get our parents to sign too. we can only be on the internet for 15 minutes a day unless its to do with homework or anything to do with God. and we get only 1 hr of tv a week.  the internet wont be too bad for me right now. i was spending over an hour a day on face book and since thats gone ive spent way less time. with the tv im picking 2 shows that mean the most to me one being big bang theory and the other being glee.  jack is in youth now and when he saw the challenge he was like omg im quitting youth haha too funny.  so my 15 mins on the net will be blogging and checking a few things out, i even have a timer to make sure i dont go past the time.  the other part of our challenge is to spend at least an hr with God a day.  it was broken up into 15 mins reading the bible, 15 mins worshipping and 15 praying and 15 mins being silent so we can hear what he has to say.  our youth pastor said we should try to spend more time than that but he wants us all to start with 1 hr.  Its easy to spend time in worship and reading the bible for me and I do spend at least 15 mins praying.  my problem is I dont get quiet to hear him so this is the area I will be working in shutting up and listening.  Its going to be all good im sure of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment