Friday 30 December 2011

My friend Tyler

I want to talk about a very close friend who is tyler...
i met tyler almost 5 years ago at the park when i wuz only 11 yrs old.  i wuz new to canada and wuz playing on the playground with a friend.  tyler wuz there with some friends he wuz 12 yrs old.  we were playing tag with these guys and then tyler started mocking my accent.  because i wuz new and pretty shy i wuz mad at him and didnt like him at all.  plus well because i wuz a kid and he wuz a boy i thought .i thought boys were kind of weird back then.
just over 3 yrs ago tylers family started to come to our church. i wuz a little older almost 13 and wuz starting to think boys were still weird but a bit more appealing. my friends and me took notice of him quickly and i had a big crush on him. his best friend matt already went to our church and my friend had a huge crush on him so we had lots of fun watching those 2.  the 1st thing i noticed about tyler wuz his smile and his confidence.  he came to youth and made lots of friends and wuz in the junior youth band.  the only problem with him is he didnt see me, i wuz so invisable to him.  i remember at church looking at him and thinking " tyler look at me, LOOK at me LOOK AT ME!!!"  sometimes i would catch his eye and he would smile and say " hey"  omg I would just melt and be so happy that he noticed me
well this went on for 2 yrs.  he wuz in senior youth me in junior trying to catch his eye.  the only thing he seemed interested in wuz his guitar. lol  i loved his singing and i loved it when he lead worship.  tyler wuz made team leader of youth band one and i wuz on team two.  we didnt work together , we didnt go to school together and he just didnt seem to  notice me at all......sigh..
well last spring during youth team 2 my team wuz playing and i lead in 2 songs.  this wuz the first time i lead, it wuz pretty awesome.  for the first time tyler came up to me to talk to me like really talk lol.  he said that i had an amazing voice and he liked how i played the keyboard.  i wuz like thanks cool.  the next week at youth he came up to me again and asked if i would audition for his band he wuz in......i wuz like yes.  so the next day i went over to his house audition and got in.......so cool.


that is how our friendship started.  we started to hang out at youth and church and practice with his band on the weekends. in the summer we started to hang out as friends, going to the lake, park , each other house, going for walks, it wuz so cool getting to know each other.  we would hang out together and write songs or just worship together.  i couldnt believe that the guy who i had such a big crush on wuz now turning into one of my best friends.  eventually he admitted to me that he liked me and i told him that i liked him too. we waited for a while, took time think and pray before anything happen.  we didnt want to ruin our friendship. 
we decided that we would go out on dates but not do the dating thing.....now to explain it better is this... we hang out as friends, we go on dates, like to the movies, out to the coffee shop, or even for a walk.  we are working on our friendship with out the intimacy.  this is so important, too many kids, adults and anyone work on the intimacy before the friendship.  this has been a wonderful adventure for us both. we dont have to see each other daily , but we try to see each other at least once a week to hang out.  but with all the activities at school in nov. and dec. we saw each other daily.  but it wuznt the same that wuz work lol.
i love tyler very much.  hes very good looking and hes so nice.  he loves the lord and loves to worship.  when we are in bible study we will talk about the verses we are learning and answer the questions and stuff.  my family loves tyler, my brother looks to him as a big brother.      tyler comes over and helps jack with his guitar and stuff or sometimes they play video games.  tyler has a little brother and sister who are so cute.  he has to watch those two lots. sometimes hes brought them over here.  hes so good to those two. his family loves me and have included me in lots of things too. 
i still get flutters when he smiles at me and still cant believe that he noticed me.
thanks tyler love you lots.

the top picture if tyler last summer at our youth bbq, he borrowed my towel.  he wuz pretty funny that day goofing around just being himself lol
the bottom picture i took a couple of weeks ago.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Janaya! :D:D did I make you smile? Ok a few things.....
    First I that picture of me? I remember that day it was fun and I didn't think anyone took a picture of me. And thanks for posting the other one too... I'm so sexy!
    Second I remember the say we met at the park. I was doing the English accent because I thought it was cool.
    Third. When I started to go to our church and youth you were not invisible to me, never. I thought you were cute and sweet but just not into getting together with girls at that point.
    Then this last year I was trying to figure out how to get to know you better so when I heard you singing I knew to ask you to join my band.
    Yes it was a ploy to get to know you better.
    You see, when you would look at me and I would smile, my heart was also racing.
    Just wanted to let you know the truth. :)
    Happy New year my friend. Love you lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year beautiful.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your confessions pretty nice to hear!
    and happy new year to you again!

    ReplyDelete